As a prostate cancer survivor, being on active surveillance for 10 years and subsequently robotic surgery, Alan empathises with and empowers men living with a prostate cancer diagnosis.
This has led Alan to be an active consumer advocate at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre for the last 8 years on the NAVIGATE trial. Along with 3 other major research projects on prostate cancer culminating in the NHMRC funded trial of an online decision aid (DA), NAVIGATE, designed by men for men diagnosed with low risk prostate cancer (LRPC).
In assisting men and their partners, in making management decisions consistent with their values and expectations of the treatments available.
Learn about how the program will:
- Increase the uptake of AS being the first line of management option for LRPC
- Increase preparedness for decision making
- Reduce decisional conflict and regret
- Increase decisional satisfaction
- Improve the quality of men’s illness
Counsellor and Men’s Health Advocate