As the health sector is projected to be one of the largest creators of new jobs in Queensland over the next five years, the sector needs to attract, develop and retain future workforce in a more contemporary way, implementing innovative workforce models, with a focus on reducing location based disadvantage.
To start this journey, at a system-wide level, Queensland Health is undertaking a phased and multi-faceted approach with key partners.
Experience the approach undertaken and understand lessons learned and next steps:
- Phase 1 – Grow Your Own Workforce feasibility study and resource hub
- Phase 2 – Choose Your Own health career online resource
- Phase 3 – promotion of the GYO and CYO to hospital and health services, broader health sector, education sectors and other stakeholders and partners for use
- Phase 4 – piloting and expanding workforce models and initiatives aligned to GYO/CYO approaches to sustain a pipeline of skilled and capable healthcare workers
- Phase 5 – further developing health education to employment pathways including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health strategic framework and incentivised career pathways.
Senior Director - Workforce Strategy Branch